My Writing

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

A Trip to Remember

On Christmas day we left North Carolina to enjoy our first "western" Christmas in four years. One of the fun things we did while we were out there was going to Granite Hot Springs. Take a look at our little slide show:




Here are some other highlights from our wonderful trip to Utah and Idaho:

Grandpa!!

Uncle Paul, home for Christmas for the first time in three years



Sophie and Syrena's first sleigh-riding experience (that is Whitney next to Sophie)


A harp lesson from cousin Melissa


Cousins

Cousins



and more cousins!





Syrena lost her tooth



Chelsea lost her hair



Korinne's new bass

and

Scott and Eric ice fishing (okay, I don't have a photo, so you have to imagine it. They caught our Sunday dinner! Seven fish!)


We will never forget our wonderful trip. Thank you to the four families that hosted us (Doug and Val, Seth and Debbie, Eric and Trisha, Korinne and Leon), and for Sam who helped us get back to North Carolina.

7 comments:

  1. Those Hot Springs pictures are amazing! I so want to go there. Your hair is so chic. You're very brave. And very in trouble for not calling while you were here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that slide show. How cold was it? How did you bear getting out of the water and back on the snowmobiles? I have never even heard of Granite Springs, and now I feel compelled to go.

    I loved the duct tape idea. Being the daughter of and avid snowmobiler, one never realizes the awful pain of one sliver of skin being exposed (I always struggled covering the sides of my eyes).

    Your family is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your new hairdo! And it looks like you guys had a lot of fun. I am hoping for some snow here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like you had a great vacation. I love your hair. You look so great with short hair. Thank you for the Christmas card it is so fun. Happy New Year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chelsea, you look so darling with your new haircut. I love that you were at Granite in the snow! Another generation making memories at Granite. Gran and Grandad would be happy. Oh, all the girls are so cute in the purple nighties.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You cut a lot of hair-it's a different short than I've seen you with.

    I think we went to Granite for our honeymoon.

    By the way, were those all girl cousins?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great minds think a like...I cut mine as well. Except I have a mullet!! (SP?) I will post a picture soon. I have always thought you could wear your hair anyway you liked and it looks soooo awesome. But tell me the truth did you cry a little inside when you saw all the hair on the floor. I do that every time. Even when I am so ready for short hair again I still look at the hair on the floor and cry inside!

    ReplyDelete