My Writing

Thursday, March 26, 2009

After the Tantrum

This weekend Naomi suddenly started throwing temper tantrums. I thought I knew what a temper tantrum was before, but apparently I was very wrong. Our strong willed little firecracker turned into a raging, foaming-at-the-mouth monster for several hours during the day and at one point I asked Scott, "Do you think we should take her to the emergency room?" After one of her tantrums she quieted down and we went down to the creek to "cool off." She was very serene and meek and TIRED as she let her feet hang in the cold water. It was actually a wonderful moment for both of us because I had my little girl back.









Happy to say that it has been two days and we are tantrum free. My fingers are crossed.

8 comments:

  1. See if you can record it next time. I'd love to see it in action!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Come on...I don't believe you. Look at that angel face in the picture...she looks so serene and demure. Just kidding! Aren't kids the biggest mood swingers?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that she is related to my little Sarah. The emergency room part and the serene part.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hear you on this. We have a little firecracker too. Then she calms down and becomes the sweetest cutest thing. It's amazing. It makes the tantrum so worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. great pics. what a beautiful place to cool off!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the pictures of her in deep thought. She is too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't even imagine Naomi throwing a tantrum. She looks pooped post tantrum though. :)

    ReplyDelete