My Writing

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

How to Build A Log Cabin

Once upon a time a man named Jerry went into a forest and cut down some trees.

He put the trees on a big truck and took them to a special spot on the side of a mountain.

There, he dumped them.

and he started to build. First he built the foundation.
Then he started to add the logs, one by one.

He had some help, but he did most things by himself.

After many months he had a nice cabin that would keep his family warm
and where his kids would have a happy childhood,



and a place that they could visit when they got older

and remember how much they loved their dad.

7 comments:

  1. Ahhh! the memories! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did not know that your Dad built your cabin house (I loved that house).

    It made me remember building our cabins with my Dad.

    I am so impressed with their ingenuity. I do not know if I have the gumption build a home for my family from scratch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is amazing! It just makes me feel a little lazy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that picture of Jerry...it is so....Jerry. There wasn't anything that he didn't think he could do.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I miss Jerry. Thanks for sharing Chelsea!

    ReplyDelete