Here is the finished product.
The milk paint gives it kind of an eggshell finish. It looks wonderfully old, like I found it in someone's attic. The color is like a robin egg. Or a the inside of a Tiffany ring box.
Luckily the paint didn't chip too much, and I could control the amount of distress simply by applying a bit more pressure when I sanded.
It will still be a while before Levi will be able to use it safely since he can't sit up on his own yet.
That is okay since it still needs some work. I've decided I'm going to have to coat it with some kind of finish, especially the tray, since it is not practical unless the wood is sealed. Coating it with polyurethane (or something like that) will take away the benefit of having a completely non-toxic paint job, but I think that is what I'm going to have to do if I want this project to be usable and last for a long time. (I'm open for suggestions on this.)
It also needs a cushion. (Another project! Yay!)
I am really happy with this little blue addition to our breakfast area. I think it turned out lovely.
And the blue-eyed baby makes it look even better.