My Writing

Sunday, August 1, 2010

Seven is Heaven


Yesterday we celebrated Sophie and Syrena's birthday (they turned 7 today) and we threw a cowgirl party for them.

As the cowgirls and cowboy arrived they each colored and cut out their own mustang--


--and added it to the stampede.


Then they all went looking for "horses in the hay." (I hid little horse figurines in the hay.)

Then it was time for cake!

We always have two cakes and sing the birthday song twice, of course. Since Sophie is ten minutes older we start with her.



Then Syrena:

(By the way, thanks, Metta, once again for the great cake recipe. We've done it three years now!)


I think everyone had a great time.


Thanks for celebrating with us, ya'll!

4 comments:

  1. What a fun and clever party. I also love the picture of your little boy at the top. He is through and through a grandson of Jerry Bagley! He looks so like he belongs! Good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Honestly, bless little plastic figurines that can be put straight onto a cake to make the perfect instant theme cake... seriously: legos, horses, superhero dolls? Much easier than trying to make the cake in the shape of the theme.

    Chelsea, I love you. Great party, and I am a fan of the number of kids you had. Totally manageable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Darling Dyreng's! You are so clever. Looks like the happiest 7 year old birthday party ever.

    I got your package! Thank you so much! I'll tell you more later. Thanks for thinking of me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So clever! I love the idea of finding horses in the hay. I also love that pic of Danny at the very top. Too cute.

    ReplyDelete